1 Tim. 2:4 --> PANTAS ANQRWPOUS

Steven R. Lo Vullo doulos at appleisp.net
Sat Sep 22 17:33:38 EDT 2001

on 9/22/01 1:45 PM, Harry W. Jones at hjbluebird at aol.com wrote:

> Does the phrase, PANTAS ANQRWPOUS in 1Tim. 2:4 mean all of the
> class known as men or simply a subclass of men. I appreciate
> any help you can give me on this.

Harry:

This isn't really a question that can be answered by appealing to the
meaning of PANTAS, since it is more flexible than might be immediately
apparent. It is inevitable that theological and other considerations will
lead one to a conclusion. But if you want to pursue this, there was a thread
on B-Greek earlier this year or some time last year.
--

Steve Lo Vullo
Madison, WI