1 Tim. 2:4 --> PANTAS ANQRWPOUS

Steven R. Lo Vullo doulos at appleisp.net
Sat Sep 22 19:32:52 EDT 2001

on 9/22/01 6:06 PM, B. Ward Powers at bwpowers at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> Very true: I agree. And as not everyone WILL be saved, this indicates that
> the will of God is not always done upon earth. Which is why (in the Lord's
> Prayer) we pray that it shall be. Because the Almighty Sovereign Lord God
> of the Universe has given to us puny humans such a measure of free choice
> that we are able to reject his offer of salvation. Such awesome choice!
> Such tremendous responsibility! But our understanding of this truth flows
> from what Paul says about God's will for PANTAS ANQRWPOUS in verse 4 of
> this chapter.

Dear Dr. Powers:

With all due respect (and I do respect you greatly), I think these comments
are out of place on B-Greek, since they are theologically oriented. Many
liberals on this list would no doubt disagree with your statement "not
everyone will be saved." And as a Calvinist, I would disagree with just
about everything you said after that. I think it would be more in keeping
with the purpose of B-Greek to confine our discussion to what the Greek word
PAS may legitimately mean.
--

Steve Lo Vullo
Madison, WI