1 Tim. 2:4 --> PANTAS ANQRWPOUS

Stephen C. Carlson scarlson at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 22 20:46:50 EDT 2001

At 05:23 PM 9/22/2001 -0400, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>At 2:45 PM -0400 9/22/01, Harry W. Jones wrote:
>>Does the phrase, PANTAS ANQRWPOUS in 1Tim. 2:4 mean all of the
>>class known as men or simply a subclass of men. I appreciate
>>any help you can give me on this.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean by a "subclass" of men: plumbers? farmers?

Given this person's track record in posting questions about
verses with theological controversies, I'd hazard a guess that
the subclass being referred to is the predestined elect.

Stephen Carlson
Stephen C. Carlson                        mailto:scarlson at mindspring.com
Synoptic Problem Home Page   http://www.mindspring.com/~scarlson/synopt/
"Poetry speaks of aspirations, and songs chant the words."  Shujing 2.35