Gal. 4:11

LangC LangC at xenos.org
Thu Sep 13 10:00:42 EDT 2001

Ed, it appears to me to be a Dative of Advantage where the noun benefits or
suffers from the action. In English this would often be translated "on
behalf of" or simply "for". Rev 21:2 may be of similar formation "adorned
for the sake of her husband."

Chris Lang
Xenos Christian Fellowship
Columbus, Oh