Luke 18:11 -- Iver Larsen's suggestion

Richard Ghilardi qodeshlayhvh at juno.com
Mon Sep 10 13:54:45 EDT 2001

Dear b-greekers,

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:51:31 "George Blaisdell" writes:
> The problems we are encountering all seem to resolve fairly well
> with a
> both-and rather than an either-or approach.  We do seem to be
> operating on
> the premise that it must be EITHER one OR the other, yes?  Why is
> there such
> an aversion to both-and?
>
> geo

[Ghilardi]

In the spirit of George Blaisdell may I offer a "both-and" rendering of
LK 18:11?

"The Pharisee stood aloof and, speaking to himself, addressed this prayer
to God:"

I believe this translation covers just about everyone's expressed
opinion.

:-)

Yours in His grace,

Richard Ghilardi -- qodeshlayhvh at juno.com
New Haven, CT USA
Nibai kaurno hwaiteis gadriusando in airtha gaswiltith,
silbo ainata aflifnith: ith jabai gaswiltith, manag akran bairith.