Ego Emi?

Paul Schmehl p.l.schmehl at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 9 16:31:41 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim West" <jwest at highland.net>
To: "Paul Schmehl" <p.l.schmehl at worldnet.att.net>
Cc: <b-greek at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 8:03 AM
Subject: Re: [b-greek] Re: Ego Emi?

>> Καιρετε,
>>
>oops paul-- its not Καιρετε - its chi not kappa.

Yeah, I'm still learning which keys are which with the Greek.  For example,
the final sigma is the "w" key (which I would have expected to be omega),
and theta is the "u" key, which seems a bit strange to me.  The "q", which
we use for theta, is a semicolon, "f" is phi, which makes sense to me as
does the "z" for zeta and "x" for chi, but the "v" is omega.  It takes a bit
of getting used to. :-)

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
p.l.schmehl at worldnet.att.net
http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/