translation... etc

B. Ward Powers bwpowers at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 7 23:14:31 EDT 2001

At 08:49 PM 010907 -0400, Jim West wrote:
>okie dokie- since one example suffices (evidently) to establish the meaning
>of every occurance of every word (without any view to the context)- i offer
>the following:
>
>  rhêtor[i], eip(en): anagnôthi kai su mou nomo?n?. S?e?[leu]k?os s?u?nêgoros
>eip(en): kai meta Seouêron pantes hoi hêgoumenoi houtôs
>
>Sammelbuch griechischer Urkunden aus Aegypten document 7696 (1.85)

It would be so helpful for me personally (possibly for other list members
also?) if Jim would be kind enough to use the standard Greek
transliteration scheme, using capital letters, which has been recommended
for contributors to b-greek.

My email reproduces the above Greek from Jim's post as an unintelligible
mess. Which is a shame, as I ALWAYS read Jim's comments, and do not regard
them as an unintelligible mess.

Regards,

Ward

                                http://www.netspace.net.au/~bwpowers
Rev Dr B. Ward Powers        Phone (International): 61-2-8714-7255
259A Trafalgar Street          Phone (Australia): (02) 8714-7255
PETERSHAM  NSW  2049      email: bwpowers at optusnet.com.au
AUSTRALIA.                         Director, Tyndale College