James 1:5

Rob Matlack united_by_truth at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 19:27:28 EDT 2001

Thanks to all who responded to my question concerning James 1:3. If it would
not be too much to ask another question, this time concerning word order in
James 1:5...

AITEITW PARA TOU DIDONTOS QEOU PASIN hAPLWS KAI OUK ONEIDIZONTOS

I would have expected TOU DIDONTOS to follow QEOU. Is there any significance
to its location? And am I correct that it seems a bit awkward?

Rob Matlack	     united_by_truth at yahoo.com
Minneapolis, KS
"I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ
alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
"It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on
it's behalf."--Blaise Pascal