2Pet 3:6 DI' hWV

George Blaisdell maqhth at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 3 16:59:28 EDT 2001

George Blaisdell
Roslyn, WA

>From: "George Blaisdell"

>The agency is established at the end of 5 with KAI DI' hUDATOS SUNESTWSA TO
>TOU QEOU LOGW = DIA TO TOU QEOU LOGW [UDATOS SUNESTWSA] -
Emphasizing the standing out of the water of the earth, enclosed in the
agency of the DIA ... LOGW clause.  Then DI WN simply continues this agency,
and TW AUTW LOGW wraps it up...

At the risk of engendering the horror of responding to my own posting, I
just noticed a nuance here that had earlier escaped me in the enclosed vs
the NOT enclosed DIA of agency clauses, which just might could seal the deal
- When the earth is enclosed within God's agency [via His Word], the land is
above the water - And when that agency is NOT enclosing the world, the land
is covered with the destruction of water.

So that even the grammatical structure encourages us to stay within God's
agency!!

OK - It could be a stretch!

But I do not think so...

geo