2Pet 3:6 DI' hWV

George Blaisdell maqhth at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 3 16:06:00 EDT 2001

George Blaisdell
Roslyn, WA

"Be not troubling of you the heart..."

>From: "Rev. Bryant J. Williams III"

>Dear Stirling and Thomas:

>I laid out the Greek as follows without the verse markers beginning in
>verse 5:

>1. LANQANEI GAR AUTOUS TOUTO QELONTAS
>2.     HOTI OURANOI HSAN EKPALAI
>3.        KAI GH EX hUDATOS
>4.        KAI DI' hUDATOS SUNESTWSA TO TOU QEOU LOGWi
>5.                DI' WN hO TOTE KOSMOS hUDATI KATALUSQEIS
>                         APWLETO

>Three times hUDWR is used in the last three lines.

I apologize for butting in, as I have not followed this thread, but does not
WN refer to LOGW?  The text at 7 continues with TW AUTOU LOGW [by the same
one's Word.]

The agency is established at the end of 5 with KAI DI' hUDATOS SUNESTWSA TO
TOU QEOU LOGW = DIA TO TOU QEOU LOGW [UDATOS SUNESTWSA] - Emphasizing the
standing out of the water of the earth, enclosed in the agency of the DIA
... LOGW clause.  Then DI WN simply continues this agency, and TW AUTW LOGW
wraps it up...

This seems bullet proof, so I am guessing that I have missed something
really obvious...

geo