Concerning James 1:3

Stephen Fix sfix at paducah.com
Sat Sep 1 19:03:04 EDT 2001

	I am just getting back into my Greek studies after 12 years absence, so
please forgive me if I miss the boat here. If I understand DOKIMION is to
be translated "proof" (ATR) rather than proving, it makes more sense to me
to take HUMWN to stress the relationship/possession of faith.  The faith is
something you possess and the proof is the end result that works itself out
in patience.
	I appreciate your prayers.  Twelve years is a long time to be in the
"belly of the whale."  Everything is rusty.

Stephen Fix [New list-members please note that BG protocol
requires a full-name signature appended to each message sent to
the list. cwc]