Greek Font?

Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre at bham.ac.uk
Sat Oct 27 20:42:24 EDT 2001

On 27 Oct 2001, at 18:24, Carl W. Conrad wrote:

> Two web sites worth your looking at are:
>
> Little Greek Guide to Fonts for New Testament Greek
> <http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie/greek/fonts.html>
>
> and
>
> Fonts fuer Patristiker (Fremdsprachige Zeichensaetze für Patristiker)
> http://www.uni-bonn.de/~ute404/fonts.html  This latter has fonts for
> several different languages but Greek's among them, and presumably you
> can figure out the German well enough to find what's worth while
> there.

I agree with Carl's useful suggestions, but one warning:  Jonathan
Robie's site is now quite out of date, several dead links etc.

I'd recommend either of two one-stop solutions, SPIonic, the
Scholars Press freeware font, also available as part of a "font kit" at
Tyndale House, or the SIL Greek Font System.  If you'll forgive the
plug, I've an annotated list of Greek fonts available, with links to
keyboard maps & general introductions, surveys etc. on my Greek
NT Gateway: Fonts page at:

http://www.ntgateway.com/greek/fonts.htm

Mark

Dr Mark Goodacre                 mailto:M.S.Goodacre at bham.ac.uk
  Dept of Theology                  tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham      fax: +44 121 414 4381
  Birmingham    B15 2TT
  United Kingdom

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
  Homepage