Kemmer's Middle-voice categories

Decker, Rodney rdecker at bbc.edu
Thu Oct 18 10:22:37 EDT 2001

In the new Friberg Analytical Lexicon of the NT there is an appendix, "A
Theory of Deponent Verbs" by Neva Miller (who also did the main lexical
entries in the book) which gives a semantic taxonomy for middle voice verbs
as well (423-30). The categories are quite different, but it's a similar
concept. Might be interesting to compare with what Carl has cited from
Kemmer.

(And if you're curious what a Greek prof is doing with an analytical :)
[other than keeping tabs on ponies my students are tempted to use!], I'm
doing the review for *Religious Studies Review.* The specified length will
preclude much detail and certainly won't allow for an examination of the
appendix.)

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D.
Associate Prof./NT
Baptist Bible Seminary