unleavened bread

Schmuel schmuel at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 17 12:23:40 EDT 2001

Hello B-Greek,

The following contention was made (elsewhere) ..

In Mark 14:12 and Luke 22:1 we read:
"On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread".
The Greek word for unleavened matzah [AZUMON] is used here.

However, in Mark 14:22 and Luke 22:19 where it says,
"while they were eating, Jesus took BREAD",
the Greek word for normal leavened bread [ARTON] is used,
the Greek word for matzah is absolutely not used ....

It seems to me an implied and rather strange argument is being made that
arton would not be unleavened bread (even during the Feast of Unleavened
Bread !)
What do our scholars and Greek experts say ?

If possible, please try to use the Received Text as the base if that is a
factor.. thank you

Schmuel at bigfoot.com

Messianic_Apologetic-subscribe at yahoogroups.com