REMA THEOU

SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH cms at dragon.com
Sun Oct 14 18:35:50 EDT 2001

The expression REMA THEOU appears in

Luke 3:2	during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas,
		the word of God came to John son of Zechariah
		in the desert.

Ephesians 6:17	And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the
		Spirit, which is the word of God.

Is this expression any different or basically synonymous with the
phrase LOGOS THEOU which appears in

1 Thessalonians 2:13	And for this reason we too give thanks to God
			unceasingly, that, in receiving the word of
			God from hearing us, you received not a
			human word but, as it truly is, the word of
			God, which is at work in you who believe.

1 Timothy 4:5	for it is made holy by the invocation of God in
		prayer.

That's the NAB.  The NRS has it:

		for it is sanctified by God's word and by prayer.

1 Peter 4:11	Whoever preaches, let it be with the words of God;
		etc.

Thanks for any help.

Cindy Smith		I have further observed under the sun that
cms at dragon.com		The race is not won by the swift,
cms at 5sc.net		Nor the battle by the valiant;
cms at romancatholic.org	Nor is bread won by the wise,
			Nor wealth by the intelligent,
Me transmitte sursum,	Nor favor by the learned.
	Caledoni!		-- JPS Ecclesiastes 9:11