IOUDAIOUS TE KAI hELLHNAS (Rom 3:9)

George Blaisdell maqhth at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 05:24:26 EDT 2001

George Blaisdell
Roslyn, WA

>From: "Paul Schmehl"

>I appreciated your description of "building tension".  It makes
>a great deal of sense to me, with what little I understand of Greek.  >I'm
>not sure, however, that it helps me understand this idea of >leftmost is
>more prominent.

I don't think it is more prominent.  It has more 'carry'...  Needs to be
'kept in mind' as the sentence unfolds...  But prominence, in the sense of
emphasis - I don't think so...

I am very glad that my presentation of Greek word order as 'dramatic' [as in
drama] - Having and building 'tension' - found some usefulness for you.  It
is very simple to grasp, and does not seem to interfere with other more
scholarly and useful schemes that make for a more catalogued and technical
understanding.

geo