IOUDAIOUS TE KAI hELLHNAS (Rom 3:9)

Iver Larsen iver_larsen at sil.org
Mon Oct 8 14:07:49 EDT 2001

> Iver:
>
> This may illustrate my question better. You wrote:
>
> ------
> >There are different functions of TE. Sometimes TE-KAI function
> together to
> >coordinate two nominals with the meaning "both A and B". It is called the
> >"correlative TE".
> -----
>

> In this construct, is A given prominence because it is to the left?
> So that, we get: both A! and b.
>
> Mark Wilson

I would say: Yes. If it was not the case that "Nai" in Danish means "no" I
would even say NAI.
I am not saying that the prominence is always very significant, but I think
it is there. And I would still be interested in any example where the second
item appears to be more prominent than the first. In that case, I'll revise
my hypothesis.

Iver Larsen