Suggestion for a New NT Course

G. Ross gfross at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 7 03:45:24 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "B. D. Colt" <babc2 at home.com>
To: "G. Ross" <gfross at pacbell.net>; "Biblical Greek"
<b-greek at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 6:07 AM
Subject: Re: [b-greek] Roman Names into Greek

> On 5 Oct 01, at 15:34, G. Ross wrote:
>
> > For example, how would a first-century A.D. Greek write Roman names like
> > Caecilius, Metella, Quintus, and Grumio?  Kaikilios, Metellh, Kuintos,
and
> > Grumiw?
> >
> Ah-ha!  The Cambridge Latin Course.
>

> Barbara D. Colt, mailto:babc2 at home.com
> St John the Evangelist, San Francisco

Hi, Barbara,

Another San Franciscan, I see.  I live near Civic Center.

How did you become familiar with the _Cambridge Latin Course_, if I may ask?
I love it.  I think it is an incredibly well-designed set of textbooks.

I only wish that scholars and teachers interested in helping laymen read the
NT could get together and form a committee to produce a set of textbooks
similar to the design of the CLC.  The narrative could be about someone who
witnesses the fall of the Second Temple, perhaps a Hellenistic Jew who later
converts to Christianity.  That could produce a very exciting narrative.

Any of you out there interested?

Gordon Ross