OFF-TOPIC (was: What To Do With PNEUMATIKOS)

Mike Sangrey msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Fri Oct 5 12:49:41 EDT 2001

On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 10:32, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
> At 10:10 AM -0400 10/5/01, Mike Sangrey wrote:
> >                        "The first one last wins."
>
> I just noticed your snippet beneath the signature and wondered whether it
> was intentionally drawn from Aeschylus, Agamemnon 314, where Clytemnestra
> finishes here description of the beacon fires that have brought immediate
> news back to her at Argos of the capture of Troy:
>
> 	NIKAi D' hO PRWTOS KAI TELEUTAIOS DRAMWN
>
> more literally, "and the first and final runner wins"
>
> or is it your own version of the proverbial Jesus saying (Mt 19;30, etc.),
>
> 	POLLOI DE ESONTAI PRWTOI ESCATOI KAI ESCATOI PRWTOI ?

It's meant to convey Jesus' proverb.  Or, maybe better, Jesus himself.
He was the first one to serve everyone else.

And thanks for noticing and asking.

--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."