META CARAS

Mike Sangrey msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Wed Oct 3 09:58:55 EDT 2001

On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 21:30, Wayne Leman wrote:

> It seems to me that META CARAS is simply encoding the semantics of
> accompanying emotion, that is, telling the emotional manner in which the
> action of a verb was carried out.

That is EXACTLY my thinking!

How else does one explain Heb. 10:34
 KAI GAR TOIS DESMIOIS SUNEPAQHSATE, KAI THN hARPAGHN TWN hUPARCONTWN
hUMWN META CARAS PROSEDEXASQE,

Can suffering (or entering into the pain), itself, in its nature, be
joyful?  Or is joy an accompanying emotion?

I'm not sure what joyful suffering would look like; however, I have
seen, even experienced myself, pain and joy at the same time.

--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."