META XARAS

Steven Lo Vullo themelios at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 2 19:06:53 EDT 2001

on 10/2/01 4:39 PM, Carl W. Conrad at cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu wrote:

> I'm really glad to see this discussion coming over to B-Greek. I may be
> very wrong, but I find it difficult to see how META CARAS in the verses
> cited really falls properly under a category termed "attendant
> circumstances."

I agree with you that META in the examples cited indicates manner.
Interestingly, Wallace has the following category for META: "c.  Manner
(Attendant Circumstance): *with*." What do you make of this? It seems he is
equating the two, though it seems to me a distinction must be made between
manner and attendant circumstance.
--

Steven Lo Vullo
Madison, WI