First Time Teacher

Christopher L Lang langc at xenos.org
Fri Aug 31 17:02:58 EDT 2001

I am a new subscriber to this list and a first time teacher of Greek. I
have not taught a language before and have been given the responsibility
of creating the curriculum for Intro Greek.
I am interested in using Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek but open to
others. (I learned from the Joint Association of Classical Teachers and JW
Wenham.) We will be on a quarter system and I'm curious to know what
others think is a reasonable pace for such a course.
I should also tell you that the class is being offered through our church
in conjunction with a divinity school extension program. Therefore the
class will meet only once or twice a week for three hours each. Any ideas
what to expect here and what level of competency to shoot for?
Thanks.

Chris[topher L Lang  New list-members: please note that list protocol
requires a full-name signature to be appended to messages sent to the list