Fonts in Word

Michael Holmes holmic at bethel.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:36:12 EDT 2001

Re: Technology and teaching GreekRod Decker wrote,
>Don't try moving copies of the same document from Word 95, 97, or 2000 between any other version of Word. Disaster. L.S. claims that it is a Microsoft problem. But it's odd that these are the *only* fonts that I know of that have the problem.<

Rod is right on target re moving between the various iterations of Word; not even saving documents as .rtf solves the problem consistently. To add a note, I've experienced the problems he describes with other fonts as well; the problem is not restricted to L.S. fonts.

If anyone knows of a slick solution for moving between the versions of Word (other than the obvious one of abandoning Word), I'd like to hear about it.
Mike Holmes
Bethel College