1Cor 15:8

Mark Wilson emory2oo2 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:03:58 EDT 2001

George:

You wrote:

----
>The context has to be the determiner here. Paul is at pains to say that he
>encountered a
>real, physical Jesus, just like the other apostles. However, his encounter
>came 'out of
>time', as it were, since it was not at the same time as the others
>encountered the
>resurrected Jesus. His was a later delivery.
----

What caught my attention here was "later delivery."

Does not the word EKTRWMA denote an "early" something,
whether a premature birth, miscarriage, stillborn, or abortion.

I do note that BDAG suggests a "later" idea here as well, but where
are the references to support that. Does this word ever denote
a "later" anything?

Thanks,

Mark Wilson