Genitive Absolute

David Warren dhwarren at attglobal.net
Sat Aug 25 23:32:17 EDT 2001

Noel Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Recently I have been attempting to do a search of the B-Greek
> archives with limited success.
>
> I managed to get only two hits for a search on "genitive abolute",
> both in August 2001, one  from Carl Conrad and the other from
> Richard Ghilardi.  Surely there must be more hits in the past
> archives archives.

Yes, there are other articles. For example, Rick Strelan, Carl Conrad,
and myself all
wrote on this very subject nearly two years ago. In the archives, look
under "genitive
absolute" 2000/10/29 (Rick S). In my article, I explained that the
genitive absolute
is not always used in an "absolute" manner in the New Testament and in
Koine
generally.