METANOIA

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Fri Aug 24 13:19:34 EDT 2001

At 08:55 AM 8/24/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I am wondering about the word METANOIA and I'm looking for some information
>about the original sense or meaning of this word in NT Greek, I don't mean
>some theological biases or ideas, just the common use of this word in that
>time. I'm not thinking on any specific pasage .
>What is its origin? What is its meaning?

meta--- prep- above
noiew-- vb- to think

the noun thus means to think above

j.

Jim West, ThD

Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology
Adjunct Professor of Ancient Near Eastern Studies, Hudson College
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies, Roane State Community College

Home Page:
Biblical Studies Resources
http://web.infoave.net/~jwest