I Am

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Fri Aug 17 03:03:53 EDT 2001

Dear Matthew:

Traditional, English grammar does not like the idea of ending a sentence
without an object to the verb. Thus, John 4:26, "I that speak unto thee am
he"(KJV); "I who speak to you am he" (NIV).
"He" in the verse above should be italicized. Literally, "I AM the One who
is speaking to you." Jesus is answering the Samaritan woman's question of
verse 25.

En Xpistw,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III