Quotations

Christopher A Robinson jinxcar at juno.com
Tue Aug 14 03:02:06 EDT 2001

Dear all,

I am a new writer to this list, coming back to Biblical Greek after some
time away. I am trying to tract down whether something I read recently is
correct or not. An author was trying to explain why some double
quotations (e.g., Mark 1:2-3) only refer to one author. He said, without
documentation, that it was standard practice to only cite the more
important author when one combined two quotes.

Is this correct? If so, can one provide some documentary reference that I
could obtain for my own research?

Thank You,

Christopher Robinson
University of Alabama-Birmingham