ROMANS 1:17 in NIV

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Aug 10 15:47:35 EDT 2001

At 4:01 PM +0000 8/10/01, Jerrel Sturdy wrote:
>Jerrel Sturdy here,
>      Could some Greek scholar (I dabble at it) help me with the Greek text
>of Romans 1:17?  I need help with that verse the way the NIV has it, but
>maybe that is an inappropriate request.  Anyway, if some good fellow would
>like to help on that, say on.  I am grateful.
>Jerrel Sturdy
>muskogeean44 at hotmail.com
>at Muskogee, eastern Oklahoma

If your question really concerns the Greek text rather than the NIV
translation (if that's your question, you might as well take it to the
B-Translation list!), then perhaps you ought to indicate what in the Greek
text of Rom 1:17 puzzles you?

DIKAIOSUNH GAR QEOU EN AUTWi APOKALUPTETAI EK PISTEWS EIS PISTIN, KAQWS
GEGRAPTAI: hO DE DIKAIOS EK PISTEWS ZHSETAI.

What specifically about this Greek text do you want help with?

cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu OR cwconrad at ioa.com