Three quick questions

Randall Buth ButhFam at compuserve.com
Fri Aug 10 00:50:03 EDT 2001

PETRW TOU RICHERT
CAIREIN

>I plan on learning the entire
>vocab for the Greek NT, but clearly I will have to
>cheat for Hebrew.<

Don't throw in the towel on Hebrew:
learn it like you would a living language and don't accept anything less
than
fluency and feeling at home in the text.
The one hint: traditonal methods will not produce this.
We had an observer at our Biblical 'ulpan' this summer with a PhD in Hebrew

(from Ox-bridge, I won't say which to protect anonimity). After one week of
watching
students respond to Biblical Hebrew commands, light dawned, s/he realized
that the language was learnable and that it was not too late (even after a
PhD.).

ERRWSO
Randall Buth
EN IEROSOLUMOIS