Three quick questions

Pete Richert maqhths_tou_hhfmou at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 17:50:19 EDT 2001

I found this thread rather interesting because I am
conteplating the same.  I have been studying Greek for
round about two years now (1 in school, 1 on my own)
and am going to start Hebrew soon (actually counting
the days for the "Basics of Biblical Hebrew").  I
picked up most of the Grammer well during my first
year of school, but I am finding that actually
learning the language is a slow process.  Still
though, I was suprised at my progress.  I origially
thought it would take 30 years just to read it at all.

Greek, (and soon Hebrew) is just my hobby.  I'm an
engineer by profession (though I read a lot of
commentaries were Greek understanding is key).  I
don't ever care if I master it, its just for fun
anyway.  If God wants to use it sometime down the
road, Execllent!  I plan to pursue it as long as my
passion (and it's a passion) remains, and hope that a
good thirty or so years of playing will make me quite
compitant in both.  I plan on learning the entire
vocab for the Greek NT, but clearly I will have to
cheat for Hebrew.