1 Timothy 2

David Bielby dbielby at juno.com
Sun Aug 5 23:21:18 EDT 2001

1 Timothy 2:12   Should GUNAIKI and ANDROS be translated in a way that
references marriage instead of simple gender?  Is the context a family
context within a house Church? Should we consider translating this as
wife/husband instead of woman/man?  Are you aware of anyone who has
tackled this issue with material available that I can read up on?  I'm
also trying to find credible information on the potential reference in
this passage to syncretism with the pagan temple in Ephesus. Can that
information have a direct bearing on the translation here?

Thanks for helping me on this.

David Bielby
Vineyard Pastor
Bloomington, IL