Three quick questions

c stirling bartholomew cc.constantine at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 5 13:10:20 EDT 2001

Hi Mark,

on 8/5/01 6:14 AM, PAProphet at aol.com wrote:

> 1. Is it wise to attempt to study two languages at once?

Sure, why not. If you have say 20-30 hours a week over a period of several
decades to devote to the project learning both languages is no problem.

> 2. It seems to me that OT Hebrew is much easier to learn than NT Greek once
> you can recognize the alphabet.  Is this true?

No it is not true. Hebrew syntax seems simple at first because it is it uses
fewer formal mechanisms than Greek. But the fact that Hebrew syntax uses
fewer formal mechanisms to mark the syntactic structure means that it is
much more subtle and for that reason hard to get a handle on. Hebrew is not
easy at all. Take you 30 years to master it.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point