Greek Septuagint

Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Sat Aug 4 10:44:46 EDT 2001

At 15:16 04/08/01, Jonathan Robie wrote:

>I haven't bought a Septuagint yet, but am also considering it. Someone on
>the list should be able to give a comparison of these two.

Jonathan:
If you're about to buy a Septuagint, then you will also need:
Jobes, Karen H., and Moises Silva. Invitation to the Septuagint. Grand
Rapids: Baker Academic, 2000.

It has been well-reviewed, and has the merit of a first-half which is an
introduction
( which will answer your question ) and a second half which will still be
useful as you get deeper into the Septuagint.

There is an on-line review of it by a pillar of this list, Clayton Stirling
Bartholomew, at:
http://rosetta.atla-certr.org/TC/vol06/JobesSilva2001rev.html

I notice Amazon.com is currently offering a 30% reduction !!

mauros at iol.ie