Greek Septuagint

Jonathan Robie Jonathan.Robie at SoftwareAG-USA.com
Sat Aug 4 10:16:53 EDT 2001

At 04:05 AM 8/4/2001 +0000, Terry Finley wrote:
>Where can I get a copy of the Septuagint for a reasonable price?

The two editioins that are available "for a reasonable price" are Rahlfs
and Brenton.

Brenton's 1851 edition, with his English translation, is available for
$24.99 from:
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/51259189?item_no=73442&event=SRC

For somewhat more modern scholarship, 1935, you can get Rahlf's for a
little more money:

SEPTUAGINTA- A. Rahlfs, editor. One-volume reprint of the two-volume
edition of 1935. Introduction in Modern Greek, Latin, German and English.
Key to sigla. GBS, Stuttgart, 1979. Cloth, 19 x 12.5 cm, lxix, 1184, 941 p.

Amazon is selling this for $48.99:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/3438051214/qid=996934113/sr=1-1/ref=sc_b_1/107-7799557-5671727

I haven't bought a Septuagint yet, but am also considering it. Someone on
the list should be able to give a comparison of these two.

Jonathan Robie
jwrobie at mindspring.com

EXISTANTO DE PANTES KAI DIHPOROUN, ALLOS PROS ALLON LEGONTES: TI QELEI
TOUTO EINAI;   -- Acts 2:12

B-Greek (http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek)
B-Hebrew (http://metalab.unc.edu/bhebrew)
Little Greek (http://metalab.unc.edu/koine)