Suggestion for learning Greek well

Mike Sangrey msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Sat Aug 4 09:56:23 EDT 2001

I haven't tried this...yet...  But it seems to me that it might
work quite well.

Pick a text (say) from the NASB or NRSV and back translate it
into Greek.  It will very likely be different.  So, figure out
why.

Something which may work even better is to back translate from
a more idiomatic translation as the NIV or even CEV.  This will
be more difficult, but it will force you to think more deeply
regarding how the Greek language works.

Might I suggest that an extensive amount of "doing Greek backwards"
will make a substantial impact on one's ability to "think Greek."

Thoughts anyone?
--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."