Tidbits to keep students interested

Sandra Hack Polaski shpolaski at btsr.edu
Fri Aug 3 15:43:08 EDT 2001

In preparing to teach Greek again this year, I'm trying to come up with
short essay topics for which students have to know at least some Greek
grammar in order to understand the issues involved.  For example, the
translation of PISTIS CHRISTOU in Gal. 2:16 (subjective or objective
genitive); or whether to translate PISTEUETE in John 14:1 as indicative or
imperative.  (The idea is to help students see why they need to know Greek
in order to interpret the New Testament.)
The problem is, these sorts of ideas tend to come up as one is working
with the text, and it's hard to come up with them on demand!  I'd
appreciate any suggestions list members could offer--thanks!
--Sandra Hack Polaski