Luke 1:14 EPI THi GENESEI AUTOU

Jonathan Robie Jonathan.Robie at SoftwareAG-USA.com
Thu Aug 2 09:20:46 EDT 2001

At 07:34 AM 8/2/2001 -0400, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>Jonathan, I'm not sure you've read aright what Zerwick says (but, if the
>truth be told, I don't have Zerwick before me): the form GENNHSEI in verse
>13 is indeed future 3d sg. of GENNAW, "give birth to/generate" but GENESEI
>in verse 14 is dative sg. from the noun GENESIS, "birth." Does Zerwick
>REALLY say that GENESEI in verse 14 is from GENNAW?

Hmmm....I don't have Zerwick here at the office, but this looks like I
misread something at a pretty basic level. I'll respond when I have the
book again.

Jonathan Robie
jwrobie at mindspring.com

EXISTANTO DE PANTES KAI DIHPOROUN, ALLOS PROS ALLON LEGONTES: TI QELEI
TOUTO EINAI;   -- Acts 2:12

B-Greek (http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek)
B-Hebrew (http://metalab.unc.edu/bhebrew)
Little Greek (http://metalab.unc.edu/koine)