A student's view of grammar, exegesis, linguistics,...

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Wed Aug 30 07:35:42 EDT 2000

At 7:29 PM -0600 8/29/00, Wayne Leman wrote:
>Mike, a few books approaching Greek from the viewpoint of modern linguistic
>theory are starting to appear. As you may know, one of them is:
>
>Linguistics For Students of New Testament Greek, by professor David Alan
>Black (Baker, 2nd edition, 1995)

I think this is a pretty useful book for the most part; a lot of it is not
really so very "modern" and while I was teaching Greek I tried to
incorporate much of what this deals with into my first-year course, where I
think it belongs. I would recommend it simply because most first-year
textbooks and reference works do NOT include this stuff.

cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu