Difference NA and UBS

clayton stirling bartholomew c.s.bartholomew at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 22 11:58:21 EDT 2000

on 08/22/00 12:56 AM, Wieland Willker wrote:

> Calculating the number of words in the NT (using Bibleworks, which is btw.
> the best Bible-program), I get the following figures:
>
> UBS: 138.019
> NA: 138.020

Wieland,

There are some hidden surprises (the developers call them "features") in
some of the high end bible research systems. I remember a big flap several
years ago when someone was compiling statistics for a research project using
the Mac program and found out that it counted punctuaction as "words" when
doing statistics. I am not sure if this problem was ever cleared up in later
releases or not.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew