Son of Man

Wieland Willker willker at chemie.uni-bremen.de
Thu Aug 17 07:06:16 EDT 2000

George W. Young wrote:
> As you probably already know, there are several
> instances of 'Son of Man' in 1 Enoch; indeed, much of the 'Son of Man'
> eschatology within the NT is believed to have originated from 1 Enoch (see
the
> citation in Jude).

Although this is slightly off-topic, it might be a good idea if some
knowledgable person can give us a short review of the state of the
Son-of-Man research.
What is the current majority view? Latest review article? Is Enoch the
solution? Do we really know, what it means in Enoch? And in Daniel? For Jews
in 1BCE - 1CE?
How should we trans - late this term today?

Best wishes
    Wieland
      <><
Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany