Son of Man

George Young gwyoung at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Wed Aug 16 21:04:03 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
Mike Sangrey wrote:

> Would someone be so kind as to do a TLG query of [hO] hUIOS [hO] ANQRWPOS?
> I've used the nominative case, but I certainly would not want to limit it
> that.  I suppose ANQRWPOS could (should) be genitive if that has any
bearing
> on the query.
>
> I am particularly interested in extra-Biblical and pre-Christ, non-LXX
> instances.
>
> Thank you very, very much.

Mike:

I think the Pseudipigrapha in 2 volumes by Charlesworth has a lot to say on
the Son of Man.  There is an index with just this heading in volume 2 (I
believe). As you probably already know, there are several instances of 'Son
of Man' in 1 Enoch; indeed, much of the 'Son of Man' eschatology within the
NT is believed to have originated from 1 Enoch (see the citation in Jude).
However, I would still do a search on TLG.

George W. Young, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies
Queen's College Faculty of Theology
210 Prince Philip Drive