1 Tim. 2:12, meaning of AUQENTEIN

J. Garnier nomre2me at home.com
Mon Aug 14 05:04:13 EDT 2000

From: "Mark Wilson" <emory2002 at hotmail.com>said,
"I have never understood why we arbitrarily equate a submissive role to an
inferior, or less than equal, role."

I think in our capitalistic mentality we have made any word prefixed with sub- to mean less than what is possible, and so inferior.  The Greek word carries none of that baggage, and "compliant" would seem to ring truer in that it does not carry the stigmatic connotation of failing to become or do what is possible.
                                              Just a thought, thank you for the penny,
                                                                                   Joseph Garnier
                                                                                  Seattle WA