1 Cor 11:4

Dmitriy Reznik reznik1 at juno.com
Sun Aug 13 09:24:53 EDT 2000

Dear friends,

I have a question from 1 Cor 11:4:
PAS ANHR PROSERCOMENOS H PROFHTEUWN KATA KEFALHS ECWN KATAISCUNEI THN
KEFALHN AUTOU (Every man praying or prophesying, having the head covered,
doth dishonour his head).
First of all, for a participle with PAS my textbook gives an example "PAS
hO PISTEUWN". Why in our text there is no article with ANHR while there
is an article in the textbook's example? Should it just designate
participle's substantivizing?
Also does PROSERCOMENOS describe ANHR or KATAISCUNEI (as an adverb)?

Thank you in advance.

Dmitriy Reznik