meaning of AUQENTEIN

Ilvgrammta at aol.com Ilvgrammta at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 22:15:08 EDT 2000

In a message dated 00-08-12 22:06:50 EDT, jgibson000 at home.com writes:

<< Anthony,

 Er ... just where do you think most of the OT apocrypha is originally
 found? What is it that you suppose the LXX contained?>>

This issue may center  around one's view of the biblical canon. I, for one,
do not believe that all early copies of the LXX contained the apocrypha. We
certainly know that none of the Hebrew verity contained any of these books.
But I am aware that others do think the apocrypha rightly belongs in the LXX,
regardless of what the Hebrew canon contains. I'm not trying to start an
argument, however, my vomments merely reflect the other side of the issue.

Regards,
Edgar