YEUDOS

Mike Sangrey mike at sojurn.lns.pa.us
Fri Aug 11 11:51:59 EDT 2000

Just a quick observation.

In I Cor. 1-4 Paul seems to allow for incorrect teaching.  Since this was part
of the thinking in the church at that time, the definition of YEUDODIDASKALOS
would have to allow for incorrect teaching to happen.  These people would not
thereby be labeled as being YEUDODIDASKALOS.

Guessing, I suggest the word could carry the weight of either sincere and dead
wrong or an implication of a hidden agenda.  For example, the statement, "I
sincerely believe Jesus was never born" may very well be what someone
believes, but it's dead wrong.  And the other possibility is an attempt to
deceive by knowingly teaching error.  That is, there is some other motivation
going on, self-promotion, money, etc.

The commendation of the Bereans also comes to mind, in this regard.
--
Mike Sangrey
mike at sojurn.lns.pa.us
Landisburg, Pa.
       Every Christian library should have a plaque which states:
              "There is one book which explains all these."