CWRISQHi - follow up

Dmitriy Reznik reznik1 at juno.com
Sat Aug 5 08:38:57 EDT 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 22:53:56 -0400 "Carl W. Conrad"
<cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu> writes:
The truth
> is
> rather that -QH- forms serve in the aorist exactly the same function
> as
> MAI/SAI/TAI KTL. and MHN/SO/TO KTL. serve in the other
> "tenses"--which is
> to say, aorists in -QH- tend to be reflexive or intransitive,
> depending on
> whether or not there is some clear indicator that the subject is
> being
> acted upon by an external agent or force.

---------
Dear Carl,

It seems that I am confused with what I've read in some textbooks. I am
sure you are right, and your argument are convincing, but is it something
new in understanding Greek, or I just missed it in other sources?

Sincerely,

Dmitriy Reznik