1Cor 10:9-10

Dmitriy Reznik reznik1 at juno.com
Thu Aug 3 22:54:23 EDT 2000

MHDE EKPEIRAZWMEN TON RISTON KAQWS TINES EPEIRASAN KAI hUPO TWN OFEWN
APWLLUNTO.
MHDE GOGGUZETE KAQAPER TINES AUTWN EGOGGUSAN IAK APWLONTO hPO TOU
OLOQREUTOU.

Dear friends:

Could you help me to understand if APWLLUNTO in 1Cor 10:9 has middle or
passive form? I think having a subject (serpents) and being used with
hUPO + Gen it should be passive. But in verse 10 APWLONTO is used in the
same way, and yet it is definitely 2nd aorist.

Help! Please!

Dmitriy Reznik