Mounce's first year grammar

clayton stirling bartholomew c.s.bartholomew at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 30 16:32:29 EST 1999

----------
>From: Jonathan Robie <jwrobie at mindspring.com>

> My biggest problem with the vignettes was not the theological conclusions,
> which I largely agreed with, but the general deductive approach taken,
> using the Greek text to defend theological orthodoxy.  In some cases I did
> not feel that the Greek text actually made the point that was being drawn
> from it, even though I agreed with the point itself.
>
> Jonathan

Jonathan,

Well said. Took the words  out of my mouth so to speak. It is a case of
what some have called "theright answer from the wrong text." Happens all
the time.

Clay

Off Topic:

Potential Visitors to Seattle. This is a good week to come to Seattle.
Lots of fun things happening down town. See news on WTO for details.