Shepherd of Hermas in BAGD

Steven Craig Miller scmiller at www.plantnet.com
Tue Nov 30 12:59:00 EST 1999

To: Maurice A. O'Sullivan,

<< Running a search in the Logos program, I found what I consider a
remarkable statistic:
Occurrence of "Hermas" in BAGD: 4408 in 1761 >>

I'm impressed that you have an electronic edition of BAGD (I didn't know
that such existed). But I'm puzzled by the expression: "4408 in 1761", what
does this mean?

As an aside, I'll note that Alsop's index to BAGD is limited to only the
canonical NT, the "Other Early Christian Literature" was ignored.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller at www.plantnet.com

"O villain! thou wilt be condemned into everlasting redemption for this"
(Shakespare, "Much Ado About Nothing", 4.2.60-61).